Our Panel of Experts Will Guide You Through the Policy Changes, You May Be Surprised By the Impact on Your Agency
- Bruce Bailey, IT Specialist, Access Board
- Dominic Sale, Deputy Associate Administrator, Information Integrity & Access, General Services Administration (GSA)
- John Sullivan, Director, General Services Administration (GSA)
- Megan Lawrence, Accessibility Technical Evangelist, Microsoft
- Deborah Kaplan,508 Policy Lead and HHS 508 Coordinator at Office of the CIO,
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Robert Baker,Co-Chair Federal CIO Council Accessibility Community of Practice – Best Practice Subcommittee, Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Katie Haritos-Shea, Principal ICT Accessibility Architect, Deque
With Preety Kumar, CEO of Deque Systems as the Panel Chair.
Learn the steps you can take for organizational readiness for the Section 508 Refresh. Our panel of experts will break down the nuances of the final rule, important deadlines you should know, and how this policy will affect you and your colleagues.
This panel is geared towards all government employees or contractors working in the enterprise life cycle, and for those involved in incorporating Section 508 into their agency processes. Live captioning will be provided for attendees who require it.
In this meeting you will learn how the Section 508 Refresh applies to your Electronic Information and Technologies (Websites, applications, documents, native mobile apps etc.) and how you can get ready:
- What’s in scope?
- What technologies need to comply with the 508 Refresh by January 18th, 2018? Our experts will provide a checklist to help you make that determination.
- What’s changed?
- What requirements are new, which have changed, and which map to existing standards?
- Guidance will be provided by Access Board and will cover the Revised Section 508 Standards Refresh Toolkit and updated Trusted Tester standards.
- What’s the impact?
- What is the impact on procurement requirements? Do I need to change all my old VPATs? Are there new reporting requirements?
- Will the Section 508 refresh impact time and resources needed to test and fix my technologies?
- Our experts will reveal the training and tools to help minimize the impact.