Our Panel of Experts Will Guide You Through the Policy Changes, You May Be Surprised By the Impact on Your Agency
Wednesday, December 6th, 9:00-11:30AM at the Westin Crystal City
Jefferson Ballroom 1 (2nd Floor)
Address:1800 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Arlington, VA 22202
Metro Stop (Blue & Yellow Lines): 1-minute walk to the Crystal City Metro Station
- Bruce Bailey, IT Specialist, Access Board
- Dominic Sale, Deputy Associate Administrator, Information Integrity & Access, General Services Administration (GSA)
- John Sullivan,Government-wide Section 508 Program Director, General Services Administration (GSA)
- Megan Lawrence, Accessibility Technical Evangelist, Microsoft
- Deborah Kaplan,508 Policy Lead and HHS 508 Coordinator at Office of the CIO,
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Robert Baker,Co-Chair Federal CIO Council Accessibility Community of Practice – Best Practice Subcommittee, Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Katie Haritos-Shea, Principal ICT Accessibility Architect, Deque
Join us on Wednesday, December 6th at 9:00AM to learn the steps you can take for organizational readiness for the Section 508 Refresh. Doors will open at 8:30AM and we welcome attendees to stay and network after the panel until 12:00PM. Our panel of experts will break down the nuances of the final rule, important deadlines you should know, and how this policy will affect you and your colleagues.
This panel is geared towards all government employees or contractors working in the enterprise life cycle, and for those involved in incorporating Section 508 into their agency processes. Light refreshments, real-time captioning, and a sign language interpreter will be provided.
In this meeting you will learn how the Section 508 Refresh applies to your Electronic Information and Technologies (Websites, applications, documents, native mobile apps etc.) and how you can get ready:
- What’s in scope?
- What technologies need to comply with the 508 Refresh by January 18th, 2018? Our experts will provide a checklist to help you make that determination.
- What’s changed?
- What requirements are new, which have changed, and which map to existing standards?
- Guidance will be provided by Access Board and will cover the Revised Section 508 Standards Refresh Toolkit and updated Trusted Tester standards.
- What’s the impact?
- What is the impact on procurement requirements? Do I need to change all my old VPATs? Are there new reporting requirements?
- Will the Section 508 refresh impact time and resources needed to test and fix my technologies?
- Our experts will reveal the training and tools to help minimize the impact.
This panel is scheduled for December 6th, 2017 from 9:00-11:30am ET.
Fill out the form to reserve your spot!