Accessibility is often forgotten by web developers, even today.
Attendees will learn about:
- Client-rendered application development with React.js
- Focus management techniques and when to use them
- Disabling animations to keep your users from getting sick
- Writing automated tests to uphold quality
Accessibility doesn't have to be boring or old-school! Cutting-edge web development techniques can be harnessed to benefit users of all abilities. By the end of this webinar, you should have a few technical tips and tricks to share with your colleagues and make the web a more inclusive place.
Jump to specific parts of this video using our chapters list:
- 00:00 Introductions
- 00:32 Component Library Review of Login Form and Card Flip Animation with axe
- 03:40 Login Form Live Coding Accessibility Review - Labels and Landmark issues
- 11:00 Fixing color contrast issues on form labels
- 14:26 Card Flip Live Coding Accessibility Review - Keyboard Accessibility and Focus States
- 25:30 Writing automated test for accessibility with axe webdriverJS
- 30:35 Disabling animation with toggle buttons for users with cognitive disabilities
- 40:45 Q&A