Steve Sawczyn, Solutions Architect at Deque Systems, demonstrates how he uses a screen reader to navigate the web. In celebration of Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD), Steve provides developers, designers, business users or anyone new to digital accessibility a first-hand experience of how people who are visually impaired navigate the web.
In this recorded webinar you will:
- Experience a screen reader simulation first-hand
- Understand how a screen reader navigates a web page
- Hear how a screen reader announces the content on a page
- Discover common design barriers that trap or make the web inaccessible to persons using assistive technologies
- Learn an introduction to accessibility testing with screen readers
- Hear some excellent Q&A