Now Available On-Demand.
In celebration of this year's Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD), this virtual panel of accessibility experts discussed:
- How they got involved in the field of accessibility
- Their current view regarding the state of accessibility
- Their predictions for how accessibility will evolve in the next few years to come
- Jennison Asuncion is the Co-founder of Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) and Head of Accessibility Engineering Evangelism at LinkedIn. Jennison is also a co-founder of Accessibility Toronto and founded the Bay Area Accessibility and Inclusive Design Meetup.
- Lainey Feingold is a disability rights lawyer, an author, and an international public speaker and trainer. She has worked in the digital accessibility legal space since the mid-1990s. In 2000, she helped negotiate the first web accessibility agreement in the United States, with Bank of America. Lainey's book about her work in digital accessibility is Structured Negotiation, A Winning Alternative to Lawsuits. She has been named an American Bar Association (ABA) Legal Rebel, an ABA Problem Solver of the Year, and twice a California Lawyer of the Year. More on her website at http://LFLegal.com, and on Twitter at @LFLegal.
- Jonathan Thurston is the head of accessibility at Atlassian. Jonathan is a design thinker with extensive experience leading teams to develop innovative products and software; my specialties include accessibility implementation, recruiting for change, building strong teams, strategic direction, and developing scalable solutions for complex digital transformation.